How to Perform this E-cise™
- Lie on your back with one leg extended and the other leg bent and pulled up toward your chest
- Clasp your hands behind the bent knee
- Keep the foot on the floor pointed straight up toward the ceiling and your thigh muscles relaxed
- Circle the lifted foot one way for the indicated number or repetitions, then reverse direction for the same number of reps
For the point/flexes, bring the toes back toward the shin to flex, then reverse the direction to point the foot forward for the indicated number of reps Switch legs and repeat
- Make sure the knee stays absolutely still with movement coming from the ankle and not the knee
What this E-cise™ does
- Make sure your down leg’s foot is pointing to the ceiling.
This exercise promotes proper function of the lower leg muscles and encourages stabilization of the hip joint on the same leg.