ARRIVING AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
When preparing for, and arriving at, your appointment, please wear light-colored, workout-type clothing. Your therapist will want to see your shoulders, hips, knees and ankles as best they can. For women, if you aren't comfortable wearing a sports bra, please wear a tank top. For men, please wear a t-shirt and shorts. For both males and females please wear or bring tennis shoes. You can bring your clothes to change into if need-be.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Your first appointment will include:
- Discussing your symptoms, current struggles, and ultimate goals with your therapist.
- Postural photos (photos will be updated throughout the process to document postural changes).
- Postural analysis and discussion of compensations and dysfunctions that are causing your pain.
- Functional testing.
- Gait analysis.
- Execution of your “menu” of tailored Egoscue-cises, or E-cises, designed to restore function to your body and eliminate pain.
- A printout of this menu along with a digital version with videos of how to do each e-cise.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- You will continue to do your menu of e-cises daily in your own home. If you visited a clinic in-person, we encourage you to return there daily to do your menu! You can use your clinic’s equipment and have an Egoscue team member watch your form. You and your therapist can discuss any questions or concerns that arise as you work through your exercises.
- Your therapist will suggest the desired amount of time between appointments. Remember, Egoscue is a process, but your body position will be changing! Therefore, it’s important that we see you to update your menu as your posture changes.